9/1/07

Downloadable books

I have been using Overdrive for a long time now, and I got some very good audiobooks for homeschooling there. I burnt a bunch on CDs and after that uploaded them on the I-Pod. I just wish the markers from the Overdrive Player would translate onto CDs, because 70 min long files are too long not to have tracks. I will try Netlibrary when I get my MP3 player.

I have used Project Gutenberg for years, and I liked it better before their main page was a wiki. For my needs, I like Project Baldwin better (I understand its actual location is Baltimore -- go Maryland!). I have also found WOWIO to be a good source of free ebooks. World eBook Fair and World Piblic Library Association are subscription only, even when the books are free, there is an annual fee to use the sites. The fee is nominal, so I might join if I need something from there.

Thing #22 -- check!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey its really good thanx for posting.........
I have come across a website that offers the latest and best-selling audio books by major publishers such as the BBC, Harper-Collins, Simon & Schuster, Brilliance and Time Warner. You can download your favorite titles at ”Audio Books”