8/29/07

Thing #19

Award winning web 2.0 sites, here I come!

Completely intimidated by the long list, I had it narrowed down for me and picked from a short list.

I was not impressed by a lot of the sites -- not because they are bad, but because I didn't seem to have the void they would be filling for me. I did like Netvibes and even went as far as creating an account. I don't know if I will use it.

Pros -- accessibility from anywhere, the potential to accumulate all the web stuff on the same page (del.icio.us, web search, blog search, video search, rollyo (? - don't know yet, but I guess if I was able to add it to the blog, I can figure out how to add it to Netvibes), the ease of editing.

Cons -- limited selection, concentrating on feeds (another "pro" -- preset choices for feeds, "con" -- massive number of feeds coming, a little overwhelming). Didn't see the way to list all yahoo groups -- am I hopelessly 20th century?

Interesting -- I was able to add a webpage in one of the "squares" allotted to each feature (could not change its size so it really doesn't help much); I added a "To-Do list" (I can use it when I want to remember to get a library book or two for the kids and have to email myself at work -- now I can just put it ont he To-Do list"); the weather forcast automatically came up for Baltimore (I didn't need to enter the zip).

Thing #19 is NETVIBES! Check!

No comments: